Our School Motto
Mā te whanau tātou e puāwai, achieving success together!
Our School Vision
Together, we strive for academic success and empower our students to be respectful, resilient and responsible.
Respect, Resilience, Responsibility, Excellence
Click here to see our school Charter
Kaitao Intermediate places a focus on supporting and challenging students by providing them with a wide range of learning opportunities.
Kaitao Intermediate is a place where students;
· Work under the direction of supportive, well qualified, vibrant teachers who care for their students’ learning needs.
· Are engaged within a successful learning environment developed to meet the needs of emerging adolescents.
· Learn in an inclusive environment within a strong set of values and responsive practices.
· Are taught specific numeracy and literacy programmes with an emphasis on student writing.
· Can access a creative curriculum that includes; singing, playing musical instruments, dancing and other performing arts.
· Have opportunities to strengthen their knowledge in Te Reo Māori through participation in Kapa Haka and Te Reo Māori language learning.
· Can learn in an Accelerate class situated in a modern learning environment (MLE)
· Have opportunities to learn Maori in a full immersion class (Rumaki)
· Work in an inclusive, safe and caring environment
· Are given a variety of leadership opportunities
· Receive specialist programmes – Music, Exotech, DesignWerx, Food, Art and Design
· Learn international languages – Mandarin, Spanish and Sign Language