Our School Motto
Mā te whanau tātou e puāwai, achieving success together!
Our School Vision
Together, we strive for academic success and empower our students to be respectful, resilient and responsible.
Respect, Resilience, Responsibility, Excellence
Kaitao Intermediate places a focus on supporting and challenging students by providing them with a wide range of learning opportunities.
Kaitao Intermediate is a place where students;
· Work under the direction of supportive, well qualified, vibrant teachers who care for their students’ learning needs.
· Are engaged within a successful learning environment developed to meet the needs of emerging adolescents.
· Learn in an inclusive environment within a strong set of values and responsive practices.
· Are taught specific numeracy and literacy programmes with an emphasis on student writing.
· Can access a creative curriculum that includes; singing, playing musical instruments, dancing and other performing arts.
· Have opportunities to strengthen their knowledge in Te Reo Māori through participation in Kapa Haka and Te Reo Māori language learning.
· Can learn in an Accelerate class situated in a modern learning environment (MLE)
· Have opportunities to learn Maori in a full immersion class (Rumaki)
· Work in an inclusive, safe and caring environment
· Are given a variety of leadership opportunities
· Receive specialist programmes – Music, Exotech, DesignWerx, Food, Art and Design
· Learn international languages – Mandarin, Spanish and Sign Language